Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
After graduating the Unification Theological Seminary in 1978, he went for two doctorates - one in theology at Yale University and the other in biochemistry and became a Fellow of the Center for Science and Culture.
His book Icons of Evolution purports to uncover ten examples of fraud in the promotion and teaching of the theory of evolution, a claim thoroughly refuted in an analysis carried out at the behest of the National Center for Science Education  and derided in the reviews of biologists     .
- "Father's [Sun Myung Moon's] words, my studies, and my prayers convinced me that I should devote my life to destroying Darwinism, just as many of my fellow Unificationists had already devoted their lives to destroying Marxism." (Words of the Wells Family)
- "As a graduate student at Yale, I studied the whole of Christian theology but focused my attention on the Darwinian controversies. I wanted to get to the root of the conflict between Darwinian evolution and Christian doctrine. In the course of my research I learned (to my surprise) that biblical chronology played almost no role in the 19th-century controversies, since most theologians had already accepted geological evidence for the age of the earth and re-interpreted the days in Genesis as long periods of time. Instead, the central issue was design." (ibid)
- "All the peppered moth pictures were staged ... Scientists have known since the 1980s that the moths do not normally rest on tree trunks." 
- ARN page with essays
- The Words of the Wells Family
- Talk Origins on Wells
- The antievolutionists - Wells
- Discovery Institute biography
- articles by Wells
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details