Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
In the late 17th century, Jonathan Swift was minister at the church there.
The Round House
Known locally as Dean Swift's house, it is likely to date from the 18th century fashion of romantic cottages. Its diminutive appearance was decieving as the ground floor contained a parlour 24 feet by 16 feet. The building was demolished in 1959 after a fire, and the site as well as the adjacent Kilroot railway station has disappeared under the new power station.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details