Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
This part of the city of Komárom was formerly a separate suburban village called Újszőny. It was unified with the historical city of Komárom on the left bank of the Danube only in 1896. The city center was cut by the newly created border of Czechoslovakia in 1919/1920 (with the Czechoslovak part renamed to Komárno), and the development of the southern part only really began at that time.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details