Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
La Liga Filipina
- To unite the whole archipelago into one vigorous and homogenous organization;
- Mutual protection in every want and necessity;
- Defense against all violence and injustice;
- Encouragement of instruction, agriculture, and commerce; and
- Study and application of reforms.
Although every effort was made to make it a peaceful organization, the Spanish authorities considered it dangerous and on the night of July 6, 1892, Rizal was secretly arrested four days after its creation. The following day, Governor-General Eulogio Despujol ordered Rizal's deportation to Dapitan .
After Rizal's arrest, La Liga Filipina became inactive. Then it was reorganized by Domingo Franco and Andres Bonifacio.The society eventually split up into Cuerpo de Compromisarios which pledged to continue supporting the La Solidaridad in Spain and the Katipunan in the Philippines.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details