Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Lemvig is a 750 years old market town and became municipal charter in 1545. One of the landmarks of Lemvig is the town church from the 13th century. The old town is situated between an inlet, a lake and some hills. The nearby areas of natural beauty was shaped during the last Ice Age.
The municipality covers an area of 465.72 km². The population (2004, January, 1st ): the town 7,282 and the municipality 18,338.
There is 10 kilometre (6¼ miles) to the North Sea from the Town, 375 kilometre (234 miles) to the Capital of Denmark Copenhagen and as the crow flies 781 kilometre (488 miles) to London in Britain.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details