Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Less Than Jake
Less Than Jake are a popular ska punk band from Gainesville, Florida. They are currently on the roster of Sire Records. One thing that distinguishes LTJ is their use of trombones and saxophones in songs. This is most notable in the earlier albums such as Hello Rockview, Losing Streak and Pezcore. Their current line-up includes Chris Demakes (vocals, guitar), Roger Manganelli (vocals, bass), Vinnie Fiorello (drums, lyrics), Peter (J.R.) Wasilewski (saxophone), and Buddy Schaub (trombone).
All My Best Friends are Metalheads is featured on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4.
Short Fuse Burning is also featured on the Gran Turismo 4 soundtrack.
That's Why They Call it A Union is featured on the Tony Hawk's Underground 2 soundtrack.
The band has an unexplained fondness for PEZ candy, going so far as to name one of their albums "Pezcore" (parodying of the way in which many bands are described as [thing]-core, starting with hardcore) and Pez dispenser motifs are a common feature of their merchandise. They also have an album named The Pez Collection.
- Pezcore (1995, Dill Records /Asian Man Records)
- Losers, Kings, and Things We Don't Understand (1995, No Idea Records
- Losing Streak (1996, Capitol Records)
- Greased (1996, No Idea Records)
- Hello Rockview (1998, Capitol Records)
- Pesto (1999, Very Small Records )
- Borders and Boundaries (2000, Fat Wreck Chords)
- Goodbye Blue and White (2002, Fueled By Ramen)
- Anthem (2003, Sire Records)
- B is for B-sides (2004, Sire Records)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details