Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The most prominent buildings are the town hall (1893), the castle of Count Clam Gallas, built in the 17th century, and the Jested Tower (1968) upon the Jested Mountain, which became a symbol of the city.
Liberec is first mentioned in a document of 1348, and from 1622 to 1634 was among the possessions of the great Wallenstein. Since his death it has belonged to the Gallas and Clam Gallas families, though their jurisdiction over the town has long ceased. The cloth-making industry was introduced in 1579.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details