Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Lika-Senj county - Ličko-senjska županija is a county in Croatia that includes the Lika region and some northern coastline of the Adriatic near the town of Senj, including the northern part of the Pag island. Its center is Gospić.
The county has a total area of 5352 km².
As of the census of 2001, there are 34,853 people and 19,900 households residing in the county.The population density is 7/km².The ethnic makeup of county is 86,15% Croatian and 11,54% Serbian.
In the county the population is spread out with 20,8% under the age of 19, 48,3% from 19 to 60, and 30,9% over 60.
Lika-Senj county is divided:
- Town of Gospić
- Town of Novalja
- Town of Otočac
- Town of Senj
- Municipality of Brinje
- Municipality of Donji Lapac
- Municipality of Karlobag
- Municipality of Lovinac
- Municipality of Perušić
- Municipality of Plitvička Jezera
- Municipality of Udbina
- Municipality of Vrhovine
Current Župan (prefect): Milan Jurković (HDZ)
The county assembly is composed of 41 representatives, organized as follows:
- Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) 22
- Croatian Peasants Party (HSS) 7
- Social Democratic Party of Croatia (SDP) 6
- independent representatives 3
- Croatian Party of Rights (HSP) 2
- Serbian People's Party (SNS) 2
- Croatian Social Liberal Party (HSLS) 1
- Independent Democratic Serbian Party (SDSS) 1
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details