Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
List of record producers
This is a list of record producers:
- Mirwais Ahmadzai producer for Madonna
- Matt Aitken (of Stock Aitken Waterman) Producer for Kylie Minogue, Rick Astley, Jason Donovan, Bananarama et al.
- Chris Albertson Producer for Riverside and reissue Producer for CBS
- Steve Albini, producer of Nirvana, The Breeders, prefers to be known as a recording engineer
- Richard B. Allen
- Robert Applegate , father of Christina Applegate
- Ashford and Simpson, Motown songwriting/production team responsible for hit albums and singles by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell, The Supremes & The Four Tops, and Diana Ross.
- Chet Atkins, noted guitarist and creator of smooth "countrypolitan" form of country music.
- Dallas Austin, main producer of all four TLC albums; also worked with Monica, Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson and Madonna
- Reed Arvin, producer for Rich Mullins
- Ross Bagdasarian
- Arthur Baker , influential New York-based dance music producer, worked with Freeez , New Order, etc.
- Roy Thomas Baker , producer for Queen, The Cars, T'Pau
- Boris Bele , producer for Buldožer (Bulldoser), manager of NIKA Records
- Joey Beltram, DJ and techno music producer
- Emile Berliner, inventor of the gramophone record
- Sonny Bono, worked with Phil Spector, produced Sonny and Cher records
- Bill Bottrell , producer for Sheryl Crow
- Boy George, DJ and producer
- Joe Boyd produced Fairport Convention et al
- Perry Bradford
- Owen Bradley , producer of country music
- Gerry Bron
- T-Bone Burnett, producer for Elvis Costello, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, The Wallflowers, Counting Crows, Marshall Crenshaw, wife Sam Phillips, Los Lobos, Bruce Cockburn, Gillian Welch, and the soundtrack for the Coen Brothers film, O Brother, Where Art Thou?.
- George H. Buck
- John Burgess
- Richard James Burgess
- John Cale, producer for Squeeze and Patti Smith
- Chas Chandler, producer for the Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Leonard Chess, producer of "Maybellene", many other rock and roll and blues classics, founder of Chess Records.
- Clive Chin, producer for The Wailers, Dennis Brown , Lee Perry, Black Uhuru et al.
- Tony Clarke (record producer)
- Bob Clearmountain
- George Clinton
- Stuart Colman
- Elvis Costello - producer for Squeeze, The Specials, The Pogues
- Norm ColemanProducer for Matchbox RecordsArtist: Jenna, Letters For Thursday
- Michael Cuscuna Jazz record reissue producer for Blue Note, Mosaic and other labels
- Def Jef producer of Nas, Snoop Doggy Dogg and Tupac Shakur
- Derri Daugherty
- Willie Dixon, bass player and major producer with Chess Records.
- Clement Seymour "Sir Coxsone" Dodd, producer for Bob Marley and the Wailers, Lee "Scratch" Perry, Winston "Burning Spear" Rodney, Delroy Wilson, Horace Andy and Sugar Minott
- Thomas Dolby, producer of a number of Prefab Sprout albums
- Jack Douglas , producer of Aerosmith, Cheap Trick and John Lennon's "Double Fantasy"
- Tom Dowd
- Dr. Dre, influential hip-hop producer most noted for his work with Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, and Eminem.
- Gus Dudgeon
- Jermaine Dupri, hip-hop and R&B producer instrumental in the careers of Kris Kross, Da Brat, Bow Wow, and Jagged Edge.
- Brian Eno - producer for Laurie Anderson, Talking Heads, U2, Devo, and James.
- Ahmet Ertegun, co-founder of Atlantic Records
- Nesuhi Ertegun, co-founder of Atlantic Records
- Gene Eugene, producer for The Choir, Daniel Amos
- Bob Ezrin, producer for The Guess Who, Alice Cooper, Lou Reed's Berlin , Kiss' Destroyer, Pink Floyd's The Wall, and Jane's Addiction
- Flood producer for Nine Inch Nails, U2, Depeche Mode, Curve, Smashing Pumpkins, Erasure, P. J. Harvey, Anna Domino
- Fred Foster, produced for Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Kris Kristofferson, Dolly Parton and others.
- Milt Gabler , producer of "Rock Around the Clock" and other Bill Haley hits, as well as Louis Jordan.
- Val Garay producer of "Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes, "Only the Lonely" and "Suddenly Last Summer" by The Motels, "Hearts" by Marty Balin, as well as works by Joan Armatrading, Ringo Starr, Dolly Parton, Dramarama, E-Z-O , etc.
- Nigel Godrich, producer for most of Radiohead's material, and some of Beck's.
- Giorgio Gomelsky , producer for The Yardbirds, Gong and Serge Gainsbourg.
- Dave Goodman
- Berry Gordy
- Norman Granz, founder of the labels: Clef Records , Verve Records, Norgran Records , Down Home Records , Pablo Records. He is one of the greatest jazz producer: Ella Fitzgerald, Oscar Peterson, Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Stan Getz among others...
- Brett Gurewitz, producer for the late '80s and early '90s Epitaph Records albums by Bad Religion, NOFX and Rancid and he's also a former guitarist of Bad Religion.
- John Hammond, one of the first, with a career that spanned decades, recorded and produced Leadbelly, Benny Goodman, Count Basie, Billie Holiday, Robert Johnson, Bessie Smith, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Pete Seeger, and Bruce Springsteen.
- Martin Hannett associated with Joy Division and Factory Records.
- Dave Hassinger
- Mark Heard
- Brian Holland and Lamont Dozier, producers of twenty-five Top 10 hit singles on the Motown label in the early and mid-1960s, main creators of the "Motown Sound" with songwriter Edward Holland, Jr..
- Buddy Holly, one of the first recording artists to control his own production
- Nellee Hooper , producer for U2, Björk and Madonna
- Trevor Horn producer for Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Grace Jones, Seal.
- Invisible , producer for Bumblebeez 81.
- Jimmy Iovine, founder of Interscope Records and producer for Fleetwood Mac, U2 and The Pretenders.
- Terry Jacks, produced for The Poppy Family, Susan Jacks , Chilliwack .
- Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis
- Dave Jerden , producer for Social Distortion on the Epic Records since 1989 and quits in the mid-90's
- Rodney Jerkins
- Glyn Johns
- John Paul Jones, producer for The Mission, R.E.M., Heart, Butthole Surfers, Diamanda Galás, Elephant Ride, Affinity, and Billy Nicholls.
- Richard M. Jones
- Quincy Jones
- Eddie Kramer, legendary engineer and producer who has worked with Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Peter Frampton, Joe Cocker, Curtis Mayfield, Santana, Kiss et al.
- (Mark) Kramer - producer for Galaxie 500 and his Shimmy Disc label
- Robert "Mutt" Lange, produced for Def Leppard, AC/DC, Bryan Adams and the No. 1 selling female singer in history, his wife Shania Twain
- Bill Laswell
- Nick Launay
- Leftfield a duo who produce electronica.
- Steve Lillywhite, producer for U2, Dave Matthews Band, XTC, Morrissey and others.
- Nick Lowe
- Jeff Lynne, produced Electric Light Orchestra, Tom Petty, George Harrison, The Traveling Wilburys.
- Ewan MacColl
- Lloyd Maines, producer of Terri Hendrix, early Pat Green and Two Tons of Steel.
- Sir George Martin, producer of the Beatles and recordings of the Goon Show. His Goon Show work was what made the Beatles want him.
- George Massenburg , producer for Little Feat, Lyle Lovett, Linda Ronstadt et al. He also invented the parametric EQ.
- Cosimo Matassa
- Joe Meek produced the Tornados hit Telstar among others.
- Terry Melcher, son of Doris Day, produced many acts on Columbia Records, associated with the Beach Boys, auditioned Charles Manson but turned him down.
- Lester Melrose, pioneer blues A & R man
- Giorgio Moroder - producer for Donna Summer
- The Neptunes (Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo), producers for numerous hip-hop and pop acts
- Gil Norton , producer for Counting Crows, The Pixies, Terrorvision, Echo and the Bunnymen, Del Amitri, The Foo Fighters, James, The Feelers
- Paul Oakenfold, DJ and Trance producer.
- William Orbit best known for producing Madonna's album Ray of Light. His speciality is atmospheric keyboard electronica.
- P. Diddy - produced hip hop for Lil' Kim, TLC, Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, SWV, Aretha Franklin and others.
- Augustus Pablo
- Hugh Padgham
- Jimmy Page, producer for Led Zeppelin, The Firm, Royd & Cliff, Nico, Screaming Lord Sutch, John Mayall, Fleur De Lys, and The Outsiders.
- Robert Palmer (author/producer), blues producer
- Les Paul, guitarist and technical innovator in both music and recording, created many common techniques, multi-tracking.
- Prince Paul, produced the hip hop group De La Soul
- Ralph Peer, pioneer producer, discovered and recorded the Carter Family and Jimmie Rodgers, the singing brakeman
- Al Perkins producer and session guitarist, recording with artists like Tori Amos, Garth Brooks, Wynonna Judd, Buddy Miller, and Cher.
- Lee Scratch Perry, Producer for Bob Marley, and influentail in the beginnings of Dub (music)
- Shep Pettibone
- Sam Phillips owned Sun Records, where Elvis Presley,Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, and Carl Perkins recorded
- DJ Premier, producer for Gang Starr
- Duke Reid, Jamaican record producer, DJ and label owner.
- Penny Rimbaud, producer of Crass' recordings, plus most records released on the Crass Records label.
- J. Robbins , producer for such bands as The Dismemberment Plan, The Promise Ring, Jets to Brazil, and Shiner as well his own bands Jawbox, Burning Airlines , and Channels.
- Nile Rodgers, producer for Sister Sledge, Diana Ross, David Bowie, Madonna
- Dan Rothchild , producer for Better Than Ezra's Deluxe, Fiona Apple's Tidal
- Rick Rubin, producer for LL Cool J, System of a Down, Slayer, Danzig. The Cult, The Black Crowes and the later works of Johnny Cash.
- Michael Roe
- David Rubinson , producer for Santana and others
- Todd Rundgren, producer for Badfinger, Grand Funk Railroad, Ian and Sylvia, Meat Loaf, Patti Smith, Jill Sobule, Jim Steinman, The Tubes, XTC and others
- Bill Russell , Jazz historian and founder of American Music Records.
- RZA, hip hop producer for Ghostface Killah, GZA, Ol' Dirty Bastard and Method Man
- Alex Sadkin
- Adrian Sherwood
- Phil Spector, producer for the Ronettes, The Righteous Brothers, The Beatles, George Harrison. responsible for the "Wall of Sound"
- Spectre (music) a mysterious record producer, rapper and electronica artist.
- Mike Stock (of Stock Aitken Waterman)
- Stock Aitken Waterman producers for, Kylie Minogue, Rick Astley, Bananarama and many more.
- Mike Stone producer for America, Asia, Blue Öyster Cult, George Carlin, Daniel Amos, Foreigner, Journey, Kiss, Queen, REO Speedwagon, Lou Reed, Frank Zappa and others.
- Sly Stone
- Terry Scott Taylor
- Creed Taylor, producer of jazz albums, founder of Impulse Records and CTI Records.
- Bob Thiele , producer for Impulse Records
- Timbaland, a hip hop and R&B producer, instrumental in the careers of Missy Elliott, Aaliyah, Ginuwine, and one of the main figures responsible for the development of the modern urban radio sound.
- King Tubby
- Ike Turner
- Butch Vig, producer of Nirvana, Garbage, Sonic Youth
- Tony Visconti, producer of T. Rex, David Bowie, Thin Lizzy and Sparks.
- Wagon Christ
- Pete Waterman (of Stock Aitken Waterman)
- Barry White
- Norman Whitfield, one of the architects of the Motown Sound and producer of the label's most succesful single (Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"); later noted for his "psychedelic soul" and disco records with The Temptations, The Undisputed Truth, and Rose Royce.
- Clarence Williams
- Mayo Williams
- Frank Wilson, Motown producer for Brenda Holloway, The Supremes, The Temptations, and The Four Tops.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details