Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
List of television stations in Pennsylvania
- Channel 2: KDKA-TV - CBS, Pittsburgh CBS O&O station.
- Channel 3: KYW-TV - CBS, Philadelphia, originally WPTZ CBS O&O station.
- Channel 3: WPSX-TV - PBS, Clearfield
- Channel 4: WTAE-TV - ABC, Pittsburgh Owned by Hearst-Argyle Television.
- Channel 6: WJAC-TV - NBC, Johnstown/Altoona Owned by Cox Broadcasting.
- Channel 6: WPVI-TV - ABC, Philadelphia, "ABC6" W) P)hiladelphia, roman numeral for six is V) I) ABC O&O station.
- Channel 7: W07CB - low-power independent (initially a Channel America affiliate) - Philadelphia
- Channel 8: WGAL-TV - NBC - Lancaster Owned by Hearst-Argyle Television.
- Channel 8: WWCP-TV - FOX/UPN, Johnstown/Altoona Operates WATM-TV.
- Channel 10: WCAU-TV - NBC - Philadelphia, "NBC10" Was originally a CBS O&O station, but CBS sold it to NBC to make room for KYW. Now an NBC O&O station.
- Channel 10: WTAJ-TV - CBS, Johnstown/Altoona
- Channel 11: WPXI-TV - NBC, Pittsburgh, W) P) ittsburgh X) I) XI for roman numeral of 11. WIIC-TV until 1981. Owned by Cox Broadcsting.
- Channel 12: WICU-TV - NBC, Erie
- Channel 13: WQED-TV - PBS, Pittsburgh Flagship PBS station, was first public TV station when it went on the air in 1954. Longtime home to "Mister Roger's Neighborhood." Also owns & operates WQEX-TV.
- Channel 15: WLYH-TV - UPN, Lancaster Owned by radio giant Clear Channel.
- Channel 16: WNEP-TV - ABC, Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, W) N)E) P)ennsylvania
- Channel 16: WQEX-TV - [HSN/America's Store], Pittsburgh Owned & operated by WQED-TV.
- Channel 17: WPHL-TV - WB, Kids WB, Philadelphia, "WB17", originally independent W) P)h) i l) adelphia
- Channel 17: WFXI-CA - Fox Mercer, Extremely-low powered satellite station for Youngstown, Ohio, Fox Affiliate WYFX-LP (See Ohio). Owned by Piedmont Television.
- Channel 19: WNPA-TV - UPN, Pittsburgh (Jeannette) "UPN Pittsburgh" UPN O&O station.
- Channel 21: WHP-TV - CBS, Harrisburg, W) H)arrisburg, P)ennsylvania Owned by radio giant Clear Channel.
- Channel 22: WCWB-TV - WB, Pittsburgh "WB 22" Was WPTT-TV and affiliated with UPN until January 1998. Owned by Sinclair Broadcasting.
- Channel 22: WYOU-TV - CBS, Scranton-Wilkes-Barre
- Channel 23: WATM-TV - ABC, Johnstown/Altoona Operated by WWCP-TV under working agreement.
- Channel 24: WJET-TV - ABC, Erie Jet TV
- Channel 27: WHTM-TV - ABC, Harrisburg
- Channel 28: WBRE-TV - NBC, Scranton-Wilkes-Barre W)ilkes B)ar)re)
- Channel 29: WTXF-TV - FOX, Philadelphia, "FOX Philadelphia" Fox O&O station.
- Channel 33: WITF-TV - PBS, Harrisburg
- Channel 35: WSEE-TV - CBS, Erie
- Channel 35: WYBE-TV - independent public broadcasting, Philadelphia
- Channel 38: WSWB-TV - WB/UPN, Scranton-Wilkes-Barre W) S)cranton-W)ilkes-B)arre some might say W) S)cranton's W)B) but they would be wrong. The WSWB call letters were around long before The WB became into existence.
- Channel 39: WLVT-TV - PBS, Allentown
- Channel 40: WPCB-TV - religious, Pittsburgh, owned by Cornerstone Communications.
- Channel 43: WPMT-TV - FOX/WB, York
- Channel 44: WVIA-TV - PBS, Scranton-Wilkes-Barre
- Channel 47: WKBS-TV - Cornerstone (religious), Altoona
- Channel 48: WGTW-TV - TBN, Philadelphia, Formerly Independent station WKBS-TV
- Channel 49: WGCB-TV - religious, Red Lion
- Channel 51: WTVE-TV - independent, Reading (Philadelphia), "Philly TV"
- Channel 53: WILF-TV - FOX, Williamsport
- Channel 53: WPGH-TV - FOX, Fox Box, Pittsburgh, "FOX 53" W) P) ittsbur g) h) Owned by Sinclair Broadcasting.
- Channel 54: WQLN-TV - PBS, Erie
- Channel 56: WOLF-TV - FOX, Hazleton, "FOX 56" sole call "wolf"
- Channel 57: WPSG-TV - UPN, Philadelphia, "UPN (57) Philly" UPN O&O station.
- Channel 59: WBGN-TV - Independent[] Pittsburgh, has several satellite stations
- Channel 60: WBPH-TV - Religious, Bethlehem
- Channel 63: WNEU-TV - Independent, Pittsburgh
- Channel 64: WQPX-TV - PAX, Scranton-Wilkes-Barre
- Channel 66: WFXP-TV - FOX, Erie, "FOX 66"
- Channel 69: WFMZ-TV - Independent, Allentown
Digital TV Channels
- Channel 25: KDKA-DT - CBS Pittsburgh, digital channel for KDKA-TV. CBS O&O station.
- Channel 38: WQED-DT - PBS Pittsburgh, digital channel for WQED-TV.
- Channel 42: WCWB-DT - WB Pittsburgh, digital channel for WCWB-TV. Owned by Sinclair Broadcasting.
- Channel 43: WPGH-DT - Fox Pittsburgh, digital channel for WPGH-TV. Owned by Sinclair Broadcasting.
- Channel 48: WPXI-DT - NBC Pittsburgh, digital channel for WPXI-TV. Owned by Cox Broadcasting.
- Channel 50: WPCB-DT - religious, Pittsburgh, digital channel for WPCB-TV . Owned by Cornerstone Communications.
- Channel 51: WTAE-DT - ABC Pittsburgh, digital channel for WTAE-TV. Owned by Hearst-Argyle Television.
Cable TV Stations
PCN - "Pennsylvania Cable Network" A publically-financed channel by the state, it shows tours of PA-based factories and high school state championship games, among other things. Late night/early morning programming is largely devoted to Deutsche Welle network programming in German and English.
Comcast SportsNet - Cable sports network.
Drexel University Television (DUTV): as close to public access as most Philadelphia cable services provide. Shares some programming with WYBE TV 35, the independent public station in Philadelphia
CN8 - News network owned by Comcast.
FSN Pittsburgh - Cable sports network. Part of the Fox Sports Net group of networks.
PCNC - "Pittsburgh Cable News Channel" Owned by Cox Broadcasting, which owns NBC affiliates WPXI-TV (Pittsburgh) and WJAC-TV (Johnstown/Altoona).
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details