Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Little Marlow was once the site of a Benedictine convent dedicated to the Virgin Mary. The convent belonged to Bisham Abbey. In 1547 the convent was seized by the Crown in the Dissolution of the Monasteries and was eventually demolished in 1740.
Today the village is in a very pretty location on the River Thames, and is a popular home for rich and famous alike.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details