Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Liu is a Chinese family name. The transliteration Liu can represent several Chinese characters, the family names 劉 (刘 in Simplified Chinese) (Lau in Cantonese), 柳, 留 and 六. In Cantonese transliteration, Liu is yet another name, 廖.
劉 is an extremely popular name, as it was used by the ruling family of the Han Dynasty - a high point in the history of China.
Prominent people with family name 劉
- The Liu royals of the following dynasties:
- the Han Dynasty,
- the Shu Kingdom in the Period of the Three Kingdoms,
- the Han Zhao Kingdom and the Xia Kingdom in the Period of the Sixteen Kingdoms,
- the Song Dynasty of the Southern Dynasties,
- the Later Han Dynasty and the Northern Han Kingdom and the Southern Han Kingdom of the Period of the Five Dynasties and the Ten Kingdoms.
- Liu Huaqing, PRC politician
- Liu Hui, mathematician
- Liu Shaoqi, PRC politician
- Liu Wenjing , one of the advisors of Tang Gaozu
- Liu Xiang, athlete
- Andy Lau, singer
- Lucy Liu, actress
- Evelyn Lau, writer
Prominent people with family name 柳
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details