Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Loening Aircraft Engineering Corporation
Loening Aircraft Engineering Corporation produced early aircraft and amphibious aircraft.
- 1913: Grover Loening
- 1917: Loening Aeronautical Engineering Co, 31 St at East River, New York NY.
- 1928: Merged with Keystone Aircraft Corporation as Loening Aeronautical Div.
- 1929: Loening Aeronautical Engineering Co, Garden City NY.
- 1938: Ended operations.
- Grover Loening (around 1911 - 1913)
- The world's first monoplane flying boat.
(Later models appear under Keystone Aircraft Corporation)
Many Loening flying boats were similar in appearance to the Grumman Duck - single large float under the fuselage.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details