Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
London Underground O Stock
The O and P Stock was built for the Metropolitan Line and Hammersmith & City Line in 1935-1937 by Gloucester RC&W or Birmingham RC&W. The units were originally built as two-car units, but an intermediate trailer was later added.
They were not replaced until 1981, when the new batch of C77 Stock entered service.
One complete unit, and a driving motor have been preserved.
- DM+T+DM nos. 53028+013063+54233 - Buckinghamshire Railway Centre
- DM no. 54256 - Walthamstow Pump House Museum
Vehicles 53028 and 013063 are CO Stock, and 54233 and 54256 are CP Stock.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details