Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award is given by the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology. It was established by the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Improvement Act of 1987 - Public Law 100-107 and named for Malcolm Baldrige, who served as United States Secretary of Commerce during the Reagan administration from 1981 until his 1987 death in a rodeo accident. The program aims to reward quality in the business sector, health care, and education, and was inspired by the ideas of Total Quality Management or TQM.
- 1988 - Motorola Inc., Commercial Nuclear Fuel Division of Westinghouse Electric Corp., and Globe Metallurgical Inc.
- 1989 - Milliken & Co. and Xerox Corp. Business Products and Systems
- 1990 - Cadillac Motor Car Division, IBM Rochester, Federal Express Corp., and Wallace Co. Inc.
- 1991 - Solectron Corp., Zytec Corp., and Marlow Industries
- 1992 - AT&T Network Systems Group/ Transmission Systems Business Unit, Texas Instruments Inc. Defense Systems & Electronics Group, AT&T Universal Card Services, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Co., and Granite Rock Co.
- 1993 - Eastman Chemical Co. and Ames Rubber Corp.
- 1994 - AT&T Consumer Communications Services, GTE Directories Corp., and Wainwright Industries Inc.
- 1995 - Armstrong World Industries Building Products Operation and Corning Telecommunications Products Division
- 1996 - ADAC Laboratories, Dana Commercial Credit Corp., Custom Research Inc., and Trident Precision Manufacturing Inc.
- 1997 - 3M Dental Products Division, Solectron Corp., Merrill Lynch Credit Corp., and Xerox Business Services
- 1998 - Boeing Airlift and Tanker Programs, Solar Turbines Inc., and Texas Nameplate Co., Inc.
- 1999 - STMicroelectronics, Inc.-Region Americas, BI, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Co., L.L.C., and Sunny Fresh Foods
- 2000 - Dana Corp.-Spicer Driveshaft Division, KARLEE Company, Inc., Operations Management International, Inc., and Los Alamos National Bank
- 2001 - Clarke American Checks, Incorporated, Pal?s Sudden Service, Chugach School District, Pearl River School District, and University of Wisconsin-Stout
- 2002 - Motorola Inc. Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions Sector, Branch Smith Printing Division, and SSM Health Care
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details