Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Margarita Gomez-Acebo y Cejuela
Doña Margarita Gomez-Acebo y Cejuela is the daughter of a Spanish marquis who along with his wife were executed by the Spanish Loyalists in 1936 at the outset of the Spanish Civil War. On January 21, 1962, she married Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, the ex-tsar of Bulgaria. Margarita is a cousin of Luis Gomez-Acebo, viscount de la Torre, the husband of Maria del Pilar, Infanta of Spain and Duchess of Badajoz.
Their Vrana Palace, near Sofia, Simeon's boyhood home, was returned to them by a Bulgarian court.
They have children:
- (Prince) Kardam of Bulgaria, who would be crown Prince and Prince of Tirnovo. He is married and has sons, Boris and Beltran.
- (Prince) Kyril of Bulgaria, Prince of Preslav. He is married and has two daughters, Mafalda and Olympia, and a son Tassilo.
- (Prince) Kubrat of Bulgaria, Prince of Panagiurishte. He is married and has three sons Mirko, Lucas and Tirso.
- (Prince) Konstantin-Assen of Bulgaria, Prince of Vidin. He is married and has a twin son and daughter, Umberto and Sofia.
- (Princess) Kalina of Bulgaria, married to Antonio ("Kitín") Muñoz Valcárcel.
Their courtesy titles are downplayed by Simeon, who has been Prime Minister of Bulgaria since 2001.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details