Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
- The Earth's polar circumference is 39.94 Mm
- The distance from Amsterdam to Bordeaux is approximately 1 Mm
- The Earth's equatorial diameter is 12.76 Mm
- The mean distance from the Earth to the Moon is 384.4 Mm
- Jupiter's equatorial diameter is 143 Mm.
Megametres are rarely seen in practical use, because they are too big for most terrestrial tasks. They can also be easily confused with millimetres (mm). Still there are a number of "megametre fans". Megametres are also occasionally found in science fiction.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details