Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Merchant Ivory Productions
It was founded in 1961 "to make English-language films in India aimed at the international market", although they have also made period and contemporary films set in England and America. The majority have been written by screenwriter Ruth Prawer Jhabvala.
- The Householder (1963)
- The Delhi Way (1964)
- Shakespeare Wallah (1965)
- The Guru (1969)
- Bombay Talkie (1970)
- Adventures of a Brown Man in Search of Civilization (1972)
- Savages (1973)
- Helen: Queen of the Nautch Girls (1973)
- Mahatma and the Mad Boy (1974)
- Autobiography of a Princess (1975)
- The Wild Party (1975)
- Sweet Sounds (1976)
- Roseland (1977)
- Hullabaloo Over Georgie and Bonnie's Pictures (1976)
- The Five Forty-Eight (1979)
- The Europeans (1979)
- Jane Austen in Manhattan (1980)
- Quartet (1981)
- The Courtesans of Bombay (1983)
- Heat and Dust (1983)
- The Bostonians (1984)
- A Room with a View (1985), from the novel by E. M. Forster.
- Maurice (1987), from the novel by E. M. Forster.
- The Deceivers (1988)
- Slaves of New York (1989)
- The Ballad of the Sad Café (1990)
- Mr. and Mrs. Bridge (1990), from the novels of Evan S. Connell.
- The Perfect Murder (1990)
- Street Musicians of Bombay (1991)
- Howards End (1992), from the novel by E. M. Forster.
- The Remains of the Day (1993), from the novel by Kazuo Ishiguro.
- In Custody (1994)
- Feast of July (1995)
- Jefferson in Paris (1995)
- The Proprietor (1996)
- Surviving Picasso (1996)
- A Soldier's Daughter Never Cries (1998), from the novel by Kaylie Jones .
- Cotton Mary (2000)
- The Golden Bowl (2000), from the novel by Henry James.
- The Mystic Masseur (2002)
- Le Divorce (2003)
- Heights (2004)
- Merchant Ivory Productions official website.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details