Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Chartered in 1891 and named for Thomas Meredith , founder of the Biblical Recorder, Meredith College opened in 1899 in a facility in downtown Raleigh as Baptist Female University. The name of the school was changed to "Meredith College" in 1909, and it moved to its current location on Hillsborough Street near North Carolina State University in 1924. As of 2004, Meredith College enrolls 2,500 students in undergraduate and master's degree programs.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details