Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Minister-President of the Brussels-Capital Region
The regional government of the Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium, is headed by a Minister-President which acts as the "prime minister" of this regional government. He is appointed for 5 years along with 4 ministers and 3 "state" secretaries.
The Minister-President of the Brussels-Capital Region should neither be confused with the Governor of Brussels-Capital nor with the mayor of the City of Brussels, which is one of the 19 municipalities of Brussels.
List of Minister-Presidents
- Charles Picqué (Parti Socialiste), 1989-1999
- Jacques Simonet (Mouvement Réformateur), 1999-2000
- François-Xavier de Donnéa (Mouvement Réformateur), 2000-2003
- Daniel Ducarme (Mouvement Réformateur), 2003-2004
- Jacques Simonet (Mouvement Réformateur), 2004 (he replaced Daniel Ducarme who resigned)
- Charles Picqué (Parti Socialiste), 2004- (in office)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details