Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Morgan Freeman (born June 1, 1937 in Memphis, Tennessee) is an American actor who first became known in the American media through roles on the kids' show The Electric Company and on the soap opera Another World.
Although he has said in interviews that he has never been cast opposite of a love interest in any of his movies, Freeman has been married twice. His first marriage was to Jeanette Adair Bradshaw (22 October, 1967 - 1979) (divorced). His second was to Myrna Colley-Lee (16 June, 1984 - present). He has two children from each of his wives. His son's names are Alphonse and Saifoulaye. His daughter's are Deena (who was adopted) and Morgana. Freeman worked as a mechanic in the U.S. Air Force. He has also earned his private pilot's license.
- Batman Begins (2005)
- Million Dollar Baby (2004)
- The Big Bounce (2004)
- Bruce Almighty (2003)
- Dreamcatcher (2003)
- The Sum of All Fears (2002)
- High Crimes (2002)
- Along Came a Spider (2001)
- Deep Impact (1998)
- Amistad (1997)
- Kiss the Girls (1997)
- Moll Flanders (1996)
- Se7en (1995)
- Outbreak (1995)
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- The Power of One(1992)
- Unforgiven (1992)
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)
- The Bonfire of the Vanities (1990)
- Glory (1989)
- Driving Miss Daisy (1989)
- Lean on Me (1989)
- Street Smart (1987)
- Teachers (1984)
- The Electric Company (1971) - tv series
- 1987 Nominated for Oscar for Best Supporting Actor, in Street Smart.
- 1989 Nominated for Oscar for Best Actor for his role as a chauffeur, in Driving Miss Daisy.
- 1994 Nominated for Oscar for Best Actor, in The Shawshank Redemption.
- 2005 Won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor, in Million Dollar Baby.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details