Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Munin was a Swedish nanosatellite . It was launched on November 21, 2000 on a Delta II rocket from the Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, together with two other satellites. Munin was developed by the Swedish Institute of Space Physics in cooperation with students from Luleň University of Technology and Umeň University.
- Size: 213 x 213 x 218 (height) mm
- Mass: 6 kg
- Combined ion and electron spectrometer
- High energy particle detector
- Aurora imaging with a miniature CCD camera
- Onboard computer
- CPU: Texas Instrument TMS320C50
- RAM: 2 Mb
Elliptical polar orbit. Perigee: 698 km, apogee: 1800 km.
See also: Swedish National Space Board
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details