Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Museum Mile is the name for a section of Fifth Avenue, an avenue in Manhattan in the City of New York, running from 82nd to 105th streets on the Upper East Side in a neighborhood known as Carnegie Hill.
New York City officially designated this segment as Museum Mile because it is the location of nine museums, several of which are world-renowned.
The nine museums and their locations are:
- 91st St. Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution
- 89th St. National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts
- 86th St. Neue Galerie New York
- 83rd St. Goethe-Institut New York/German Cultural Center
Other museums in the area include:
- 75th St. and Madison Ave. Whitney Museum of American Art
- 70th St. Frick Collection
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details