Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Nabokov's Congeries was a collection of work by Vladimir Nabokov published in 1968 and reprinted in 1971 as The Portable Nabokov. Because Nabokov supervised its production less than a decade before he died, it is useful in attempting to identify which works Nabokov considered to be his best, especially among his short stories.
- Introduction by Page Stegner
- From "Speak, Memory : An Autobiography Revisited"
- "Cloud, Castle, Lake " (Облако, озеро, башня)
- "The Visit to the Museum " (Посещение музея)
- "Spring in Fialta " (Весна в Фиальте)
- "That in Aleppo Once... "
- "The Assistant Producer "
- "Signs and Symbols "
- "First Love"
- "Scenes from the Life of a Double Monster "
- "Lance "
- "The Vane Sisters"
Excerpts from Novels and Translations
- On a Book Entitled "Lolita"
- Introduction to "Bend Sinister"
- Foreword to M. Lermontov's "A Hero of Our Time"
- From "Nikolai Gogol": The Government Specter
- From the Commentary to "Eugene Onegin": On Romanticism, The Art of the Duel
- From "Eugene Onegin": A Sample translation from Ch.One, Stanzas I-VIII
- Reply to My Critics
- From "Despair "
- From "The Gift"
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details