Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Natalie Jane Imbruglia (born February 4 1975) is an Australian singer and actress. The second of the four daughters of an Italian father and an Australian mother, Natalie grew up on the Central Coast, north of Sydney. Like Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue, she also played a role in the soap Neighbours before venturing into a singing career.
Her first single, an Ednaswap cover, "Torn" (1997), reached number 2 in the British charts, and her album Left of the Middle became a million seller. The follow up came in 2001 with the album White Lilies Island. In a 1999 cooperation with singer Tom Jones, she appeared on a track of his album Reload.
Imbruglia returned to acting in 2002 with a supporting role in British spy spoof Johnny English, playing alongside Rowan Atkinson. She married her long-time boyfriend Daniel Johns, lead singer of Silverchair, on December 31, 2003.
In April 2005, Imbruglia released her third studio album Counting Down The Days to the UK, which in its first week of sales hit numer one on the album charts. The first single from this album was "Shiver."
- Left of the Middle (1997) #5 UK, #10 US, #1 Australia
- White Lilies Island (2001) #15 UK, #35 US, #3 Australia
- Counting Down The Days (2005) #1 UK, #12 Australia
- "Torn" (27/10/97) #2 UK, #2 Australia, #42 US
- "Big Mistake" (17/04/98) #2 UK, #5 Australia
- "Wishing I Was There" (06/98) #19 UK, #24 Australia
- "Smoke" (16/11/1998) #5 UK, #42 Australia
- "That Day" (29/10/2001) #11 UK, #10 Australia
- "Wrong Impression" (11/03/2002) #10 UK, #33 Australia, #64 US
- "Beauty on the Fire" (22/07/2002) #26 UK
- "Shiver" (21/03/2005) #8 UK, #19 Australia
- "Troubled by the Way We Came Together" on Go O.S.T. (1999)
- "Never Tear Us Apart" with Tom Jones on Reload (1999)
- "Identify" on Stigmata O.S.T (1999)
- "Cold Air" on Y Tu Mama Tambien (And Your Mother Too) O.S.T. (2001)
- The Official Natalie Imbruglia Site
- Portal Imbruglia
- Imbruglia | Inside
- Natalie Italia
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details