Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Ncurses is a programming library providing an API, allowing the programmer to write text-based user interfaces, TUIs, in a terminal-independent manner. It also optimizes screen changes, in order to reduce the latency experienced when using remote shells.
Ncurses stands for "new curses", and is a replacement for the discontinued 4.4BSD classic curses.
- Ncurses homepage
- ncurses Programming HOWTO
- Introduction "Writing Programs with NCURSES" by Eric S. Raymond and Zeyd M. Ben-Halim
- Frequently asked questions and their corresponding answers by Thomas Dickey
- A Hacker's Guide to NCURSES
- Development Kit for C++
- Ruby module
- Binding for Python
- Ada95 Binding
- Terminal Screen Control Functions for PHP
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details