Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
New World vulture
New World vultures are not closely related to Old World vultures or other diurnal raptors, which are often classified in different orders. They resemble Old World vultures because of convergent evolution.
The five species of vulture are:
- Turkey Vulture Cathartes aura
- Greater Yellow-headed Vulture Cathartes melambrotus
- Lesser Yellow-headed Vulture Cathartes burrovianus
- King Vulture Sarcorhamphus papa
- American Black Vulture Coragyps atratus
The Condors are
There is some debate over the scientific names of the Condors.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details