Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
News Corporation is a media conglomerate that operates world-wide. Its major shareholder and managing director is Rupert Murdoch. It is a public company listed on the New York Stock Exchange and as a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol NWC
Formerly incorporated in Adelaide, Australia, and listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, News Corporation is now a U.S. company re-incorporated in the State of Delaware after a majority of shareholders approved the move. This reincorporation was completed on November 12, 2004.
The holdings of News Corporation include:
- Australian newspapers
- UK newspapers, published by News International Ltd.
- US newspapers and magazines
- the New York Post
- BSkyB, United Kingdom (35% holding)
- DirecTV Group, North and South America
- Foxtel, Australia (25% holding)
- Sky Italia, Italian satellite TV service
- Star TV, an Asian satellite TV service
- Fox Network a US-wide broadcast television network
- Fox News Channel, a 24-hour cable news channel
- Fox Sports Net, a chain of regional cable television networks broadcasting local sporting events linked together by national sports news programming. Local chanels include "Fox Sports Southwest", "Fox Sports Bay Area", etc.
- Fox Soccer Channel, a United States digital cable network specializing mainly in soccer.
- Fox Sports en Español , a Spanish-language North American cable sports network; its sports lineup is tailored to appeal to a Latin American audience.
- Fox Sports en Latinoamérica , a Mexico-based Latin American satellite and cable sports network.
- Foxtel, Australia's largest satellite and cable pay TV provider, a joint venture with Telstra and Publishing and Broadcasting Limited
- FX Networks, a cable network broadcasting reruns of programming previously shown on other channels, but recently creating its own programming, including the Emmy Award-winning program The Shield.
- National Geographic Channel
- SPEED Channel
- Sky One A UK-based general entertainment channel (part of BSkyB)
- Sky News UK-based satellite/cable news channel (part of BSkyB)
- Sky Sports UK-based satellite/cable sports channel plex (part of BSkyB)
- Sky Movies UK-based satellite/cable movie channel plex (part of BSkyB)
- Sky Box Office UK-based on-demand movie channel (part of BSkyB)
- Other assets
- News Digital Systems - Conditonal access technology
- News Corporation official site
- Ketupa - News Corporation profile with history and holdings
- Complete list of News Corp's holdings - Columbia Journalism Review
- OutFoxed: Rupert Murdoch’s War on Journalism
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details