Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Noozles , also known as The Wonderous Koala Blinky , was a 26-episode anime that aired on Nickelodeon from November 1988 through April 1993. It depicts the adventures of a 12-year old girl named Sandy and her koala friends, Blinky and Pinky, who are from the extradimensional realm of Koala-Wala Land.
Sandy Brown's father is an archaeologist who mysteriously disappears. One day, Sandy receives a package containing a stuffed Koala bear named Blinky that was lost in a shipwreck years ago. Sandy rubs its nose and it comes to life. They are soon joined by Blinky's sister Pinky and have many adventures together.
Soon, Sandy discovers Koala-Wala Land. Koala-Wala Land and Earth are parallel worlds in different dimensions that are dangerously linked. The former has a crystal place in which Sandy's father became permanently trapped. The koala police would place some offenders in the crystal as a punishment. Sandy and the Noozles (her koala friends) manage to take two special crystals and separate the worlds where they are joined at Ayers Rock. There is a tearful farewell before Pinky and Blinky returned to their world forever.
- Production company: Nippon Animation Company
- Japanese distribution: Fuji Eight Company
- American distribution: Saban International Services
- Brown, Prof. Alex
- Brown, Sandy
- High Dingy Doo (ruler of Koalawalla Land)
- Pinky (voiced by Cheryl Chase(US) & Haruna Ikezawa(Japan))
- Noozles: New Friends (1993 Tor Books; L. Spencer Humphrey & Deborah Morse )
Released from 1991-1994 by Celebrity Home Entertainment
- Adventures in Koalawalla Land (120 min.)
- Blinky and Pinky's Excellent Adventure (95 min.)
- Day With Grandma, A (30 min.)
- Fuzzy Was a Noozle (95 min.)
- Koala Bear Magic (75 min.)
- New Friend, A (30 min.)
- Nuzzling With the Noozles
- The Encyclopedia of Animated Cartoons, 2nd ed.
- Noozles vs. The Little Koala, Progressive Boink.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details