Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
With enormous pressure on housing in the early 1950s, residents were resorting to small dwellings, tents and partially completed buildings. The Housing Commission provided accommodation for families unable to rent or to afford the purchase of their own home.
In 1947 the government Housing Commission began its house-building program in Norlane, and by 1976 when its program was completed there were 2,464 commission houses available for low income renters. Much of the housing was for employees at the nearby Ford Motor Company, International Harvester and Pivot phosphate factories.
|(All Geelong Suburbs)|
|Norlane West||Norlane||North Shore|
|Bell Park||North Geelong||North Geelong|
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details