Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
|Status:||Ceremonial & (smaller) Administrative County|
- Admin. council
- Admin. area
- Total (2002 est.)
- Admin. council
- Admin. pop.
474 / km²
|Nottinghamshire County Council|
|Members of Parliament|
|Graham Allen, Kenneth Clarke, Vernon Coaker, John Heppell, Geoff Hoon, John Mann, Alan Meale, Patrick Mercer, Nick Palmer, Alan Simpson, Paddy Tipping|
The districts of Nottinghamshire are Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Broxtowe, Gedling, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood, and Rushcliffe. The City of Nottingham was part of Nottinghamshire until 1998 but is now a Unitary authority; it remains part of the ceremonial county.
Nottinghamshire is famous for its involvement with the legend of Robin Hood. This is also the reason for the amount of tourists who visit places like Sherwood Forest, City of Nottingham and the surrounding villages in sherwood forest.
This is a list of the main towns in Nottinghamshire, for a full list of settlements see list of places in Nottinghamshire.
- Beckingham , Beeston, Bilsthorpe , Bingham, Bircotes, Blyth
- Calverton, Clipstone , Collingham , Colston Bassett , Colwick
- East Markham , Edwinstowe, Epperstone
- Gringley on the Hill
- Kirkby in Ashfield
- Mansfield Woodhouse, Manton, Market Warsop, Mansfield
- Ollerton, Oxton
- Radcliffe on Trent , Ravenshead , Retford, Rainworth
- Southwell, Stapleford , Staunton in the Vale , Sutton in Ashfield
- Tollerton, Tuxford
- Walkeringham , Wellow , West Bridgford, Winkburn , Worksop
Places of interest
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details