Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The Nuremberg Castle is located on a mountain north of the historical city of Nuremberg. It comprehends three parts: the buildings of the Emperor ("Kaiserburg"), the mostly vanish buildings of the rulers of Nuremberg ("Burggrafenburg") and buildings on the eastern side.
Archeological investigations during the last years proofed that the place was already in human usage around the year 1000. Nevertheless the Nuremberg Castle is first mentioned 1050 as Henry III visited Nuremberg.
- Ernst Mummenhoff , Die Burg zu Nürnberg. Geschichtlicher Führer für Einheimische und Fremde, Nachdruck der 4. Aufl. von 1926 (mit einem Nachwort des Neuherausgebers G. Ulrich Großmann ), Nürnberg 1997; in German.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details