Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Old Mission Point Lighthouse
Old Mission Point Lighthouse is located in Michigan at the end of Old Mission Point, Michigan, a peninsula jutting into Traverse Bay 17 miles north of Traverse City, Michigan. When it was built in 1870, it was an exact copy of the Mama Juda Lighthouse (now destroyed), which was built on the Detroit River in 1866.
The lighthouse, which is now part of the Peninsula Township Park, is used as a private residence for park employees and is not open to the public. It is located at the northern terminus of Michigan State Highway 37.
See also: Lighthouses in the United States
- NPS Inventory of Historic Light Stations
- History of Old Mission Point lighthouse
- Article linking Mama Juda Lighthouse with Old Mission Point
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details