Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Dublin's Olympia Theatre in Dame Street was originally built in 1879 by Dan Lowrey as the Star of Erin Music Hall and renamed Dan Lowrey's Music Hall in 1881. Next it became Dan Lowrey's Palace of Varieties in 1889. The original building was reconstructed in 1892 and demolished and rebuilt in 1897 as the Olympia Theatre. It was closed in 1972 due to structural damage. Restoration work was undertaken and the Olympia re-opened in 1977.
- Ryan, Philip B. The Lost Theatres of Dublin. (The Badger Press, 1998) ISBN 0-9526076-1-1
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details