Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
- *Gross prefectural product: ¥40.9 trillion + - *Annual industrial output: ¥17.2 trillion + - *Annual retail sales: ¥76.6 trillion + - + - Major companies based in Osaka Prefecture include Hankyu , Kintetsu, Matsushita, Sharp, Sanyo, Nissin and Glico
Universities in Osaka Prefecture
- Osaka University (Toyonaka and Suita)
- Osaka University of Foreign Studies (Minoo)
- Osaka Kyoiku University (Kashiwara)
- Osaka City University (Osaka city)
- Osaka Prefecture University (Sakai)
- Kansai University (Suita, Takatsuki, Osaka city)
- Kinki University (Higashiosaka)
- Kansai Gaidai University (Hirakata)
- Until the reclamation of the Kansai International Airport island, Osaka was the smallest prefecture by area; it is now merely the second-smallest.
- Osaka is the only unlandlocked prefecture that does not have any natural islands.
- In 2000, Osaka became the first prefecture in Japan to elect a woman governor.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details