Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The sreenplay was adapted from the novel Addie Pray by Joe David Brown .
The film is set during the Great Depression in the U.S. state of Kansas and it starred the real life father and daughter coupling of Ryan and Tatum O'Neal, as on screen father and daughter Moses and Addie.
Through various hardships and scrapes throughout the film they manage to stick together, and the acting skills of the young Tatum are impressive.
In September 1974, a television series called Paper Moon, based on the film, premiered on the ABC television network. The television version of Paper Moon starred Jodie Foster as Addie and Christopher Connelly as Moses Pray. However, it was not a ratings success and it went off the air a few months after it debuted, in January 1975.
- Ryan O'Neal .... Moses Pray
- Tatum O'Neal .... Addie Loggins
- Madeline Kahn .... Trixie Delight
- John Hillerman .... Deputy Hardin/Jess Hardin
- P.J. Johnson .... Imogene
- Jessie Lee Fulton .... Miss Ollie
- James N. Harrell .... The Minister (as Jim Harrell)
- Lila Waters .... The Minister's Wife
- Noble Willingham .... Mr. Robertson
- Bob Young .... Gas Station Attendant
- Jack Saunders .... Station Master
- Jody Wilbur .... Cafe Waitress
- Liz Ross .... The Widow Morgan (Pearl)
- Yvonne Harrison .... The Widow Bates (Marie)
- Dorothy Price .... Ribbon Saleslady
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details