Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Parti ouvrier-progressiste (Quebec)
The Parti ouvrier-progressiste (in English: Labour Progressive Party) is the name under which the Parti Communiste du Québec ran candidates from 1944 to 1956, after the banning of the Communist Party of Canada in 1941. Its English counterpart was the Labour Progressive Party which, federally, elected Fred Rose to the Canadian House of Commons from the Montreal riding of Cartier in the 1940s.
The POP took its current name (the Parti Communiste du Québec) in 1960.
- Parti Communiste du Québec
- Politics of Quebec
- List of Quebec general elections
- List of Quebec premiers
- List of Quebec leaders of the Opposition
- National Assembly of Quebec
- Timeline of Quebec history
- Political parties in Quebec
- Parti communiste du Québec website
- National Assembly historical information
- La Politique québécoise sur le Web
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details