Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
As of the census2 of 2000, there are 4,386 people, 1,428 households, and 1,153 families residing in the town. The population density is 115.0/km² (297.7/mi²). There are 1,461 housing units at an average density of 38.3/km² (99.2/mi²). The racial makeup of the town is 96.69% White, 0.68% African American, 0.09% Native American, 1.07% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 0.57% from other races, and 0.89% from two or more races. 1.55% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There are 1,428 households out of which 36.1% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 72.1% are married couples living together, 6.0% have a female householder with no husband present, and 19.2% are non-families. 15.7% of all households are made up of individuals and 8.3% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.79 and the average family size is 3.13.
In the town the population is spread out with 23.9% under the age of 18, 13.6% from 18 to 24, 23.9% from 25 to 44, 24.0% from 45 to 64, and 14.6% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 38 years. For every 100 females there are 91.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 87.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town is $72,039, and the median income for a family is $80,498. Males have a median income of $51,694 versus $38,409 for females. The per capita income for the town is $29,573. 1.8% of the population and 0.0% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total population, 0.0% of those under the age of 18 and 4.5% of those 65 and older are living below the poverty line.
- Electric service is provided by the town's own municipal light department.
- Water service is provided by the town's own water department. Paxton's principal source of drinking water is Asnebumskit Pond. Recently, Paxton sells the raw Asnebumskit Pond water to Worcester, and buys back water treated at Worcester's filtration plant.
- Telephone service is provided by Verizon. All phones in Paxton are connected to Verizon's main central office in Worcester.
- Cable television service is provided by Charter Communications.
- No natural gas or sewer service is available in Paxton.
Colleges and universities
- Moore State Park
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details