Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Hodgson was born in Whangarei, and received a Bachelor's degree in veterinary science from Massey University. He was worked as a veterinarian, a high school teacher, and a fruit and vegetable retailer.
Hodgson joined the Labour Party in 1976, and shortly afterwards became the manager for Stan Rodger 's successful campaign in the Dunedin North seat. After holding a number of other Labour Party roles, including that of marginal seats organiser, he was himself nominated to replace Rodger in the 1990 elections. He was successful, and has remained the MP for Dunedin North.
His current portfolios are:
- Minister of Transport
- Minister of Commerce (from 2004)
- Minister for Land Information (from 2004)
- Minister of Statistics (from 2004)
- Associate Minister of Health (from 2004)
- Associate Minister for Industry and Regional Development
Past portfolios have included:
- Minister of Energy
- Minister of Research, Science and Technology
- Minister of Fisheries and Forestry
- Associate Minister of Foreign Affairs
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details