Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The current Philharmonic Hall was completed in 1939, designed by Herbert J Rowse . It was built on the site of the previous hall, on Hope Street Liverpool, providing Liverpool with some of the best acoustics and facilities in Europe. The hall is owned and managed by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Society .
The original Philharmonic Hall opened on August 271849, financed by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Society . It was Designed by John Cunningham. Acoustically the building was considered perfect by everyone in the region and Thomas Beecham considered it to be the best in Europe. A loose spark in the organ loft started a fire which destroyed the building, on July 51933, and was reconstructed in 1939 by Herbert James Rowse.
- Schedule of Concerts, News and Press Releases: http://www.liverpoolphil.com/
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details