Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Phillips University was an institution of higher education located in Enid, Oklahoma from 1906 to 1998. It was affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). It included an undergraduate college and a graduate seminary. While the university closed due to financial problems in 1998, the seminary survives as the Phillips Theological Seminary in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The university was in not affiliated with Phillips Petroleum, which was located in nearby Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
After the bankruptcy of the university in 1998, the liquidation of assets yielded $3 million in funds for the formation of the Phillips University Legacy Foundation (PULF), which awards annual scholarships to undergraduate students attending Disciples of Christ-related colleges and universities.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details