Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Potato Salad is a salad made from potatoes, varying between different regions and countries of the world. Many people will say that they have the 'authentic' or the 'best' potato salad, and offer the 'one true' way to make a perfect potato salad. What is the 'best' salad is a purely personal preference—some people like the potatoes creamy and mingled with the dressing, some like them soft and tender, and others prefer them almost crisp.
General versions of potato salad include:
- salad made with baby potatoes, cooked in their jackets and left whole (skin on)
- larger potatoes, cooked in their jackets and then peeled and cut
- salad with mayonnaise/Miracle Whip /sour cream/milk dressing
- salad with vinegar dressing
- salad with bacon, anchovies, or mustard.
- salad with a fresh herb dressing and/or gherkins, capers and other spices.
- salad with raw onions, cooked onions or pickled onions.
Potato salads are often served with BBQ and roasts.
Potato salad plays a great role in Germany.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details