Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Prince of Wales Hospital
Opening in 1984, Prince of Wales Hospital provides about 1,360 hospital beds and 24 hours accident and emergency service with almost 4,000 staff. It is also the regional hospital of the Eastern New Territories serving Shatin, Tai Po, Northern New Territories, Sai Kung and the outlying islands.
The hospital is also supported by the Li Ka-shing Specialist Clinics for specialty outpatient services.
The Hospital Governing Committee (HGC) is the ultimate decision making authority of the hospital.
Scopes of service
- Accident and Emergency (24 hours)
- Anaesthesia (including Intensive Care)
- Anatomical & Cellular Pathology
- Chemical Pathology
- Clinical Oncology(including Radiotherapy)
- Combined Endoscopy
- Diagnostic Radiology and Organ Imaging
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- Family Medicine
- Medicine & Therapeutics
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- Orthopaedics & Traumatology
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details