Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Queen's Theatre, Dublin
The Queen's Theatre, Dublin, located in Pearse Street was originally built in 1829 as the Adelphi Theatre. This building was demolished in 1844 and rebuilt. It reopened that same year as the Queens Royal Theatre, the new owner having been granted a Royal Patent. The theatre quickly became known as simply the Queen's. It was most famous in the 20th century as the home of the Happy Gang, a troupe of comics, singers and musicians including Danny Cummins and Cecil Nash . The Abbey Theatre took over the building after the Abbey fire of 1951 and remained until 1966. The theatre closed in 1969 and was demolished in 1975.
- Ryan, Philip B. The Lost Theatres of Dublin. (The Badger Press, 1998) ISBN 0-9526076-1-1
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details