Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
RAF Brize Norton
RAF Brize Norton is a Royal Air Force station in Oxfordshire about 50 miles west of London, England, United Kingdom. It is home to the Royal Air Force's heavy transport aircraft, the C-17 Globemaster III, and its Tristar and Vickers VC10 tankers.
With the arrival of the Globemaster (C-17 in USAF service) and the future Airbus A400M the base has an assured future. With the closure of the home of the C-130 Hercules, RAF Lyneham the RAF's transport fleet will be further consolidated at Brize Norton.
- No. 10 Squadron RAF - VC10 C1(K)
- No. 99 Squadron RAF - Globemaster C1
- No. 101 Squadron RAF - VC10 K3 & K4
- No. 216 Squadron RAF - Tristar K1, KC1 & C2
- Tactical Communications Wing RAF - A formed Support unit suppling Rearlink Satellite Communications, mobile telephone networks and mobile Tactical radios
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details