Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
RAFAEL Armament Development Authority
Raphael (also spelled as Rafael or Rephael, and in Hebrew: רפא"ל - רשות לפיתוח אמצעי לחימה ) is the Israeli authority for development of weapons and military technology. Rafael is a sub-division of the Israeli Defence ministry and considered as a national\governmental firm.
Rafael develops and produces fighting-technologies for the Israeli Defence Forces as well for exporting abroad.
- Overhead Weapon Station (OWS) - a remote control weapon installed on armoured fighting vehicles and is being operated by a soldier from within the armoured cabine, thus enabling the gunner to shoot with maximal safety without being exposed to enemy's gunfire. It usually armed with 7.62 mm machinegun (known as MAG Rafael)
- LITENING targeting pod - precision targeting system.
- Typhoon stabilized naval weapon station (SNWS)
- Rafael Python 5 - the world's most advanced air-to-air missile with full-sphere capabilities.
- Popeye (AGM-142) air-to-surface standoff missile
- SPIKE-ER ATGM (anti-tank guided missile).
- Simon Breach grenade - Door Breaching Rifle Grenade (RELM/GREM)
- WallBuster - Wall Breaching Grenade Launcher
- CARPET minefield clearing
- Add-on armour: passive armor and reactive armor coats.
- Electronics and Electro-Optics.
- Remote Control Weapon Station (RCWS) - a remote control weapon installed on armoured fighting vehicles or naval vessels and can be controlled from within the cabine. Various armaments are possible:
- TROPHY Active Protection System for armored fighting vehicles 
- Skylark\Skylite canister-launched mini-UAV 
- High-tech systems for the Merkava main battle tank and the Merkava APC "Nammer".
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details