Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Ravenstone, Milton Keynes
The village name is Anglo Saxon in origin, and means 'Hrafn's farm'.
In 1255 a priory of Augustinian canons was founded in Ravenstone by King Henry III. Later, in 1525 it was taken over by Cardinal Wolsey but seized by the Crown in 1544 along with the rest of Wolsey's possessions. After changing hands privately a number of occasions the building was eventually demolished, and today nothing remains.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details