Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
- For the musician see Thom Yorke
While he is most known to the public for his development of catastrophe theory between 1968 and 1972, his earlier work was on differential topology. It concerned what are now called Thom spaces, characteristic classes, cobordism theory, and the Thom transversality theorem . He then moved into singularity theory, of which catastrophe theory is just one aspect.
- "Semiophysics: A Sketch" (1990)
- Structural Stability and Morphogenesis (1972)
- Martin Weil, French Mathematician René Thom Dies, Washington Post, November 17 (2002), p. C10
- Washington Post Online edition (free registration)
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details