Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
The film is set on a world populated only by robots and follows a young genius, Rodney, with aspirations of improving the world. After failing to help his father, Rodney decides to go to the big city to help his fellow robots. When he arrives, he learns that his hero, Bigweld, has gone out of business and the new manager, Ratchet, refuses to make replacement parts for robots. Instead, he is having them upgrade to the new models and those who can't afford his upgrades are scrap metal. Rodney teams up with the eccentric Fender, his sister, Piper, and their guardians, Lug, Crank, and Aunt Fanny to bring back Bigweld and help the robot population.
Tagline: Repair for adventure!
- The movie pays homage to many classic films, including:
- The Wizard of Oz, Rodney (Dorothy) is unhappy in his home town and travels to a faraway place where he meets friends like Fender (Scarecrow) and enemies before arriving at Bigweld Industries (Emerald City) only to discover that the Bigweld (Wizard of Oz) is not as he appears.
- Singin' in the Rain, after a party, Fender does a spoof version of the classic song and dance called, "Singing In The Oil"
- 2001: A Space Odyssey, Bigweld breaks down like HAL and begins singing "Daisy"
- Star Wars
- Ice Age
- Bottle Rocket
- The Matrix
- This film was the first to feature (in US screenings) the new trailer for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The movie featured the exclusive trailer for Ice Age 2 .
- Ewan McGregor — Rodney Copperbottom
- Robin Williams — Fender
- Halle Berry — Cappy
- Mel Brooks — Big Weld
- Stanley Tucci — Mr. Copperbottom
- Dianne Wiest — Mrs. Copperbottom
- Drew Carey — Crank
- Amanda Bynes — Piper
- Greg Kinnear — Ratchet
- Paul Giamatti — Tim
- Jim Broadbent — Madame Gasket
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details