Science Fair Project Encyclopedia
Royal Automobile Club
It was founded on 8 August 1897 as the Automobile Club of Great Britain (and later, Ireland). The patronage of Edward VIII led to the Royal prefix. The headquarters were originally at 4 Whitehall Court, moving to 119 Piccadilly in 1902. In 1911 they moved to the current address, the site of the old War Office.
The contents of this article is licensed from www.wikipedia.org under the GNU Free Documentation License. Click here to see the transparent copy and copyright details